- My daughter was really battling in another school till she joined Crest College, it was the best thing I have ever done, she is doing so well, and Crest College is really making our life easier as they really going out of their way to help these kids and don't make it your problem. And best of all no home work. Well done Fiona.
- Awesome teachers who are willing to go the extra mile to uncover (not discover) each learner’s true potential and then help them develop it more. Crest College don’t change your child to fit into the educational system. Instead they develop each child to be more confident in his or her ability to be successful. These amazing teachers also provide support to learners encouraging them to be aware and tolerant of each other’s differences. We made the right choice for our son who was diagnosed with Aspergers and Sensory Processing Disorder. Thank-you
- Crest College has been a life changing experience for my two kids, who have made remarkable progress since starting at the beginning of 2018. As a parent you always want the best for your children and I would not ask for a better environment for mine. Each child is treated with dignity and love. But most of all the ability of teachers to remain enthusiastic at all times to mould and teach needs to be commended. No obstacle is too huge for them instead they work tirelessly to find the best interventions. When a need arises, motherly instincts kick in and the ambience that is created both in the classroom and surroundings allows the kids to feel special and capable against all odds. A Grateful Mom. Crest you are one of a kind.
- Fiona Murray-Smith what a lovely and caring person. My son was deserted by many schools because of his educational background one of my friends told me about Crest College and I went there with no hope. WOW, I went home smiling she accepted Siyabonga with no judgment today my son is a champion. Fiona you are a blessing in disguise couldn’t stop talking, thank you for everything, God Bless.
- Working with Crest Learning Centre and applying the study skills they taught him, he has not only excelled in his academics, he has become a confident and happy child. Only six months later at the end of 2015 he won the progress award for academics in the Senior primary.
LETTER FROM Mrs. Murray-Smith (owner and Principal)
Goodbye to our Grade 7 - 2018
I am overwhelmed by all the blessings I have received. And just one is Crest, I am grateful and proud that Crest College was born in 2017, a gift and a blessing.
The journey has been scary, but with all the people that I have met on the way has made it all the better. Sally started teaching in the garage when we were still Crest Learning Centre in 2015 and then along came Rinska and taught in one of my children’s bedrooms. Some crazy days.
Kyle joined us in 2017 also in the garage as our class rooms where not quite ready, only with one student and lots of prayers.
I will always be great full that you all crossed my path and made a difference in my life.
Give them a gift and thank them.
I am humbled by my responsibilities to Crest, all the children and families that have put their trust, heart and soul in my belief that I can make a difference in a child’s life. When the vision to create Crest was planted in my heart, nothing could stop it, the finance was approved for the building and then the first brick was laid, and even then, I was not scared, it was a project going ahead whether I liked it or not.
God was in my boat and I was just sitting there but I was strong as God was rowing. I knew what God wanted me to do, the plan was in my heart, and now to make it a reality… still not scared as this was not my boat.
Our first student, Matthew, enrolled, I was over the moon. My worry with one child was not that we could not make a difference in his life or pay the bills, but he had no friends.
Again, just waiting and praying that Matthew would get some friends, but then I was still not scared, God was in my corner, why be afraid.
My drive and passion to make a difference was now low but every day when I woke up, I said… even if you only change one child’s life Fiona, you have made a difference.
A story my daughter told me that she heard when she was ten, and has stuck in her mind ever since:
There was a boy picking up star fish on the beach that had washed up, desperately to save them he started picking them up one by one and returning then to the sea. Their where thousands on the beach, but he carried on picking them up, and returned them to the sea. A man came along and said you will never save them all there are too many, the little boy replied: Sir if I only save one-star fish, I have made a difference to that star fish’s life.
My best part of my day is when I sit and have my coffee in the morning waiting for the children to arrive at school. Their bantering, laughter and running little feet. What a wonderful feeling.
I thank God for that feeling every day, a feeling of I am making a difference, I pray that the children of Crest College are happy, secure and have found a place to grow and express themselves and one day will reach the highest star.
We have had some bad times, I’m sure the children and staff will agree. But without the bad times how can we see and acknowledge the good times.
We grow each day with the good and the bad and that’s what makes us strong, steeping stones to take us to the next level.
Today is a sad day but a proud day, a day to say good-bye to our grade 7 students. I am so proud of them.
They have worked hard to achieve their academic results and have grown into responsible and positive teenagers.
I am grateful to have been part of their growth and to have watched their journey. Thank-you parents and teachers, as this would not have been possible without you.
Grade 7’s this is to you; Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my heart proud, you are ready for the next journey in your life. Be strong and positive at all costs.
Always remember ‘’what you put in is what you get out”. Oh, and never forget: be organized, your brain is more powerful than you think- study skills, study skills.
Our doors are always open so please come and visit. I am so proud of you all!
And to end off as we say goodbye
“God is in YOUR boat… when you get tired and scared… let God row – Amen
Now thanks to the biggest stars of Crest: Our dedicated teachers.
Guys you have all been super stars, you have worked hard and have made a huge difference in every student’s life. I will give myself a pat on the back now …as I have chosen my teachers well, I couldn’t ask for better teachers, you are all amazing teachers and amazing people.
Thank you for your hard work and dedication.
My last thanks are to all Moms and Dads, for opening your hearts to me and our Crest family.